Being a perpetual early adopter of software updates we are already up and running Windows 10 on our server, laptops and even a Surface. The upgrades went without any issues and we have tested: Catia, Abaqus, Isight, Tosca and fe-safe with the DSLS (Dassault Systèms License Server) hosting the license files. One of our customers, Optimax Systems Inc has installed their DSLS on Windows 10 as well and provided their installation notes for DSLS and Abaqus. It’s great to have cool customers that are willing to help out!
Windows 10 and Dassault Systèms Software
Disclaimer as of this writing Windows 10 is not supported by Dassault Systèms. To find supported hardware please follow this link.
Catia Version 5-6 Release 15
DSLS Installation and License File Enrollment on Windows 10
A special thanks to Tyler Young and Matt Brunelle from Optimax for providing their user experiences!
- Go to the location where you have the server install saved and run the “SetupDSLSmsi.exe”
- Select next, then next again, next again
- Now select install.
- Make sure that your “License Server name” is the name of the computer that you are installing the serve on.
- Next you will need to screenshot the “Server Configuration” and email it to whoever will be getting the license for your server. (To get to this double click the name of the server in the dashboard)
- After you receive the license save it locally to the server. Once you have it saved locally click license than “Enroll” and point it to the license file.
- That is all make sure that you connect the server.
Abaqus Installation on Windows 10
- You will first need to install the Abaqus documentation. Which can be found by following this link (https://software.3ds.com/orders/id/-PIcDWlDyL1i/Io6mi19m0rZOt8M=-) you will need to download the two files found at the bottom of the page. Please note if you do not have an account you will need to create one to get to this page.
- After these files are downloaded put them into a folder together.
- Next you will need to install “PeaZip” using the following link. (http://download.cnet.com/PeaZip/3000-2250_4-10602256.html) After it downloads run it and follow the installation wizard.
- Now you will need to extract the files using PeaZip. Go to the folder where you saved the documentation. Right click the first file select “PeaZip” and choose “extract here” Do the same process with the other file.
- Once these files are extracted you should see a new folder named “DOC_SIMULIA_Abaqus.AllOS” Go into the folder and run the “Setup.exe” (See image below)
- Follow the installation wizard to install the documentation (See visual guide below)
- Congratulations the documentation is now installed! You can now proceed to the next steps.
- To install Abaqus go to the place where you have the install saved and run “setup.exe”
- The installation wizard will start up. Follow the visual guide below. Depending on your configuration you may or may not see some of the prompts.
- (You will now need to restart)
- If a shortcut was not created now is the time. You will now need to make a shortcut on your desktop by following this path (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Abaqus 6.14-2)
- That is it all installed!
I hope you found this informative. Again thank you to Tyler Young and Matt Brunelle from Optimax for providing the installation notes. Please feel free to comment, like, subscribe, contact us or whatever else can be done today! Thank you.